The HIT of Retinol Creams: What are the Real Benefits of This Molecule Everyone Talks About?
Retinol is the ultimate anti-aging agent. For 30 years, this molecule has been a favorite in the beauty industry and for dermatologists to treat wrinkles in particular. After a decline a few years ago as it wasn’t tolerated by sensitive skin, retinol is now making a strong comeback.
Now improved, it reduces wrinkles while respecting sensitive skin. This scientific prowess makes it the most purchased anti-aging product. What is Retinol? Why add Retinol to your skin care routine? What is the best retinol cream? How to use it?
We tell you everything about the molecule that everyone talks about!
In a rush? Click here to see our selection of creams.
- 1 Why is Retinol recommended by dermatologists?
- 2 Is it really effective?
- 3 The different benefits and advantages of Retinol
- 4 Using retinol cream: our recommendations
- 5 What is the best retinol cream? Our selection!
- 6 Where to buy retinol at the best price?
- 7 Your opinion counts: have you ever used this product?
Why is Retinol recommended by dermatologists?
Retinol is a molecule that belongs to the vitamin A family. It is a natural active ingredient found in different foods such as butter, eggs, and fish. It was first prescribed to treat acne. However, very quickly, its effectiveness against skin aging became clear.
Many studies were then carried out. Retinol cream has, therefore, become an obvious choice for many brands and for most dermatologists as an effective weapon in overcoming wrinkles.
How does Retinol cream work?
Retinol cream has the particularity of acting on the surface but also in depth of the skin. On the surface, Retinol exfoliates the skin. This effect will smooth the skin texture and thus promote its radiance. By stimulating cell renewal, it causes a slight thickening of the epidermis.
In the dermis, Retinol will stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, increase hyaluronic acid levels and reduce the destruction of existing collagen. Retinol, therefore, acts as an anti-wrinkle and a stain regulator.
The secret of Retinol, which is behind its success, is its ability to penetrate deep into the epidermis and activate cellular receptors.
Is it really effective?
Retinol cream was already effective a few years ago, and today it is not only effective but on all skin types. The researchers have adapted the other cosmetic active ingredients to ensure that retinol is absorbed gradually through the skin.
The skin is therefore not attacked, and the cream is effective. However, note that in a cream, the effective dose cannot be less than 0.3%.
Retinol is one of the most clinically studied molecules to prove its effectiveness. Brands do not hesitate to highlight this point or to schedule clinical studies on retinol creams themselves.
It is also important to know that if you consult a dermatologist to reduce wrinkles, he or she may prescribe a retinol-based cream because dermatologists highly recommend them for their effectiveness.
The different benefits and advantages of Retinol
Retinol stores performance and benefits. Here are some examples of the virtues of retinol.
On the surface:
- It smoothes fine lines. After a few weeks of application, you will start seeing results. Retinol will boost collagen synthesis in the dermis, and the skin will regenerate from the inside.
- It improves the texture of your skin. The first thing that will strike you will be an exfoliated skin, but also that its texture will refine and its pores will tighten. Your skin will be brighter for your greatest pleasure.
- It fights against brown spots. If you have brown spots, you will see that retinol cream also has an action on melanin synthesis. Your brown spots will, therefore, be reduced.
- It prevents skin aging.
- It stimulates the structure of elastin and collagen in your skin. By regularly using a retinol cream, it will have a stimulating action on the integration of elastic tissue by your skin. You will finally get a more flexible, toned but also firmer skin.
- Moreover, retinol is effective in treating adult acne. It reduces blackheads, and its regulatory properties on sebum production and inflammation of the sebaceous glands can help you fight acne lesions.
- It can be applied to sensitive skin after first making sure your skin isn’t having an adverse reaction.
- It can be applied to the eye area. Less dosed and slow release, it allows you to offer your eyes a little youthfulness, without risk but with care.
- It offers long-term results even if you stop the treatment.
Using retinol cream: our recommendations
Retinol cream, as well as being effective, is easy to apply. The dosage depends on the brand you are buying, but as a general rule, it is one application per day on clean, dry skin. However, we recommend that you start with two applications per week to see how your skin reacts.
Avoid exposure to the sun after the application to avoid photosensitization. This is why we recommend that you apply it in the evening. If you use it in the morning and your skin will be exposed to UV rays, we recommend combining it with a sunscreen.
You should also avoid applying it to irritated skin. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, ask your doctor or dermatologist for advice.
Here is a short video created by a well-known brand of Retinol that explains how to apply it to your face.
What is the best retinol cream? Our selection!
Retinol cream is a victim of its own success. Almost all cosmetic brands have their retinol cream. Making your choice and especially the best option is not easy when faced with dozens of different Retinol creams. We have therefore selected those that are for us the best Retinol creams.
Where to buy retinol at the best price?
As we were telling you, retinol cream is very popular because it is effective in reducing wrinkles. You will, therefore, find them everywhere, in supermarkets, cosmetics shops, etc. However, that’s not where you’ll find it at the best price.
To buy retinol cream at the best price, we advise you to buy it online. The Amazon site offers a whole range of retinol creams at attractive prices, for example.
Your opinion counts: have you ever used this product?
Retinol cream is the ultimate anti-aging cream. Its effectiveness highlighted by the major brands is not a marketing approach but a reality. Many studies can prove it. This cream has been improved for all skin types.
The results are quite fast for an anti-aging cream since you will see its first benefits after only 2 to 3 months of application.
However, what about YOUR experience? Have you ever used retinol cream to treat your skin? If so, what is your opinion on this product? Do you know of any even better alternatives to suggest to our readers? Please share your experience in comments with us!